Position is open to fully remote, preferably Hybrid.
HKA is a leading global consultancy in risk mitigation, dispute resolution, expert witness and litigation support. We anticipate, investigate and resolve complex challenges by harnessing world-leading multi-disciplinary expertise and experience.
As trusted independent consultants, experts and advisors, we deliver solutions amid uncertainty, dispute and overrun, and provide the insights that make the best possible outcomes a reality for public and private sector clients worldwide. Our experts have testified across the globe on many of the largest quantum, delay, engineering and commercial damages matters.
Individuals in this role would lead HKA’s forensic electrical engineering practice. They would qualify as lead testifying expert in complex claims and arbitration or litigation matters. They would lead the analysis of electrical systems and construction issues and alleged deficiencies, develop expert opinions on the factors that lead to a deficiency or failure, and identify the parties responsible. They would lead development of a written forensic engineering report summarizing the facts, the analyses and tests performed, and presenting expert findings and opinions.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required; Master’s degree preferred. License: Professional Engineer license or equivalent required.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in witness testimony as a Forensic Engineer
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of electrical engineering experience.
- Knowledge of typical building electrical power, lighting, communications, lightening protection, and security systems is required.
- Experience including industrial and manufacturing – process, chemical, water/wastewater, power, transmission lines, and/or oil & gas facilities would be preferred.
- Significant experience and detailed knowledge of design, equipment specification, testing and commissioning related procedures / best practice. Operation and maintenance experience would also be considered.
- Experience in fire investigations and analysis would be a plus.
- Experience working with law firms and insurance companies.
- Deposition and expert testimony experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and field inspection skills.
- Must be able to lift and carry testing equipment, ladders, etc. as required.
- Must be able to access ladders, scaffolding, swing staging, roofs, and elevated surfaces to access electrical equipment as necessary.
- Electrical Engineering
- Building Systems: Power, Lighting, Electronic Systems, Security Systems.
What we offer:
At HKA we recognize that our people are critical to our ongoing success. Our priority is to provide an inclusive and collaborative culture aimed at providing the best opportunities for our people to thrive and develop in their chosen career path.
We operate a flexible working pattern both in terms of hours and location and are happy with flexible remote, hybrid or full on-site working patterns.
Our Global Recruitment team is committed to providing an authentic candidate experience for all those who take the time to apply to HKA. We are committed to providing an efficient and insightful recruitment process giving candidates a true reflection of life at HKA.
ED&I at HKA:
HKA has a thriving ED&I committee working hard to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment for a truly diverse set of employees. We are committed as a business on the continued improvement of our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion strategy, please visit our careers page for further information or feel free to ask our recruitment team for further information.
All HKA employment decisions are firstly made on merit and shall be made without regard to age, disability, gender or gender reassignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, or any other basis in compliance with local legislation.