HKA is a leading global consultancy in risk mitigation, dispute resolution, expert witness and litigation support. We anticipate, investigate and resolve complex challenges by harnessing world-leading multi-disciplinary expertise and experience.
As trusted independent consultants, experts and advisors, we deliver solutions amid uncertainty, dispute and overrun, and provide the insights that make the best possible outcomes a reality for public and private sector clients worldwide. Our experts have testified across the globe on many of the largest quantum, delay, engineering and commercial damages matters.
As part of the HKA team you can expect:
- The opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing team and be part of driving the future success and development of our global business.
- Opportunities to lead complex commercial negotiations.
- A professional and dynamic environment where differing views are valued.
We are seeking an Infrastructure Procurement Commercial Director to join our growing team. We are looking for someone who has front-end procurement experience, transaction experience and strategy development experience.
Our Commercial Advisory business in Australia provides advice to a range of organisations from large government entities, developers through to construction and engineering contractors. We have high demand to expand our services with our Infrastructure clients operating in Roads, Rail and the Utilities Industry.
We are happy for you to be based in Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne.
Reporting to the Stream Lead of Strategic and Commercial Advisory, you will be responsible for:
- Developing infrastructure project delivery and contracting models and procurement strategies for major, complex, and/or high-value construction projects.
- Delivering procurement transactions in mining, energy, water, road, rail, oil & gas, housing or other relevant engineering construction sector.
- Providing expert advice to clients and industry stakeholders relating to strategic aspects of procurement to support client outcomes.
- Leading complex commercial negotiations in relation to construction contracts.
- Fostering and maintaining relationships with key clients and identifying potential client pursuits to grow HKA service offerings.
- Managing business development opportunities such as bid preparation and leveraging industry presence, to expand the infrastructure portfolio, particularly within the Asia Pacific region.
- Coordination and management of business and team initiatives, relating to areas of improvement and fostering development of a team.
Skills and Experience:
We are seeking individuals with proven project experience, in-depth knowledge of construction commercial principles and a willingness to learn and develop.
Ideally you will possess the following skills and experience:
- Strong business results orientation: ability to align procurement and commercial agenda with broader business context. Excellent business intuition, strategic thinking and thought leadership.
- Strong people leadership and management abilities, with demonstrated experience developing and leading high-performing teams. Demonstrable ability to apply proactive thinking, developing strategies to overcome portfolio, program and project challenges, while driving organisational capability.
- Exceptional stakeholder management, networking and people engagement skills and proven ability to collaborate and build relationships at all levels in complex, dynamic environments.
- Experience developing procurement and delivery strategies for major capital and revenue infrastructure spend.
- Experience in planning and implementation of market engagement initiatives, including supplier soundings and market briefings, with a focus on capturing feedback for the development of procurement strategies.
- Experience developing robust standard form or bespoke contracts, and negotiating with suppliers to achieve competitiveness and risk reduction.
- Experience leading teams to manage tendering processes from requirements gathering through to contract award, including control of quality, championing innovation, obtaining value for money and securing our clients’ strategic outcomes.
- Experience developing and implementing commercial principles, in particular the application of specific pricing and payment mechanisms, tailored risk allocation and optimisation of performance and incentive regimes for the planning of procurement strategies and contract development.
- Sound working knowledge of public sector procurement and probity principles.
- Experience in learning, development and training, with a focus on enhancing team capabilities, knowledge sharing and performance management.
- Degree qualification in engineering, project management, business, quantity surveying, law, commerce, or other relevant discipline.
What we offer:
At HKA we recognise that our people are critical to our ongoing success. Our priority is to provide an inclusive and collaborative culture aimed at providing the best opportunities for our people to thrive and develop in their chosen career path.
We operate a flexible working pattern both in terms of hours and location and are happy with flexible remote working.
Our Global Recruitment team is committed to providing an authentic candidate experience for all those who take the time to apply to HKA. We are committed to providing an efficient and insightful recruitment process giving candidates a true reflection of life at HKA. We are committed to responding to all applicants who apply by the closing date.
CLOSING DATE: 03 March 2024.
ED&I at HKA:
HKA has a thriving ED&I committee working hard to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment for a truly diverse set of employees. We are committed as a business on the continued improvement of our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion strategy, please visit our careers page for further information or feel free to ask our recruitment team for further information.
All HKA employment decisions are firstly made on merit and shall be made without regard to age, disability, gender or gender reassignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, or any other basis in compliance with local legislation.