Are you looking to join a firm that provides both Expert Witness and, Claims and Disputes Resolution services?
If you are looking to take the next step in your career, and want to make an impact, this opportunity is for you.
As part of the HKA team you can expect:
- Opportunity to work alongside and be mentored by our top Experts in both Quantum and Delay. You will also have the ability to pursue the route to become an accredited expert or a leader in the field of Quantum.
- Opportunity to work on international projects and collaborate with our global network of offices.
- Training, mentoring and career advancement opportunities.
HKA is one of the world’s leading privately owned, independent providers of consulting, expert and advisory services for the construction, manufacturing, process and technology industries.
We offer quantum, engineering, delay & disruption and forensic accounting services at the forefront to a wide variety of domestic and international clients. This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious and passionate individuals to join HKA’s growing team where your contribution will be invaluable, and your career prospects will be enhanced both locally and globally.
You will be responsible for providing high quality support services in construction claims, alternative dispute resolution (mediation / adjudication / arbitration / litigation) and commercial / contract advisory services to HKA’s clients. You will be part of the quantum and contract management team accountable for the delivery of a commissions ensuring commercial and quality outcomes for HKA’s clients whilst strengthening HKA’s existing client relationships. You will have the opportunity to be part of the Expert and Claims services group.
You will be enabled to achieve your full potential with the support from market leading Experts. In this role, you can expect a clear development plan to achieve your career goals, and the opportunity to further develop your skillsets.
Candidates can be based in either Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, or Perth.
Skills and Experience
Ideally you will possess the following skills and experience:
- Experience working in the construction industry experience in cost, quantum and claims assessment matters.
- Construction industry experience either as a project claims consultant, quantity surveyor, cost engineer or project manager preferably with live project commercial management experience.
- Exposure to quantum analysis principles used in the construction industry and must have sound fundamentals in prolongation, disruption and general costs claims as part of claims submission process.
- Proven business development experience, with the ability to strengthen existing relationships, but also creating opportunities with new clients.
- A degree in a relevant field i.e. Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Project Management etc.
- Ideally hold membership in the RICS or CIArb.
- Hold a high degree of articulation and excellent use of the English language in written and spoken form.
- The ability to mentor and guide junior members in the team.
- Possess experience on claims, claims management and cost analysis.
What we Offer
At HKA we recognise that our people are critical to our ongoing success. Our priority is to provide an inclusive and collaborative culture aimed at providing the best opportunities for our people to thrive and develop in their chosen career path.
We operate a flexible working pattern both in terms of hours and location and are happy with flexible remote working.
Our Global Recruitment team is committed in providing an efficient and insightful recruitment process giving candidates a true reflection of life at HKA, and shall respond to all applicants who apply by the closing date.
CLOSING DATE: 6 March 2024
ED&I at HKA:
HKA has a thriving ED&I committee working hard to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment for a truly diverse set of employees. We are committed as a business on the continued improvement of our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion strategy, please visit our careers page for further information or feel free to ask our recruitment team for further information.
All HKA employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, disability, gender or gender reassignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation or any other basis in compliance with local legislation.