HKA is the leading global consultancy in risk mitigation and dispute resolution, using our multi-disciplinary expertise to provide a comprehensive set of specialist services, including Expert, Claims and Advisory services for the capital projects and infrastructure sector, Forensic Accounting and Commercial Damages and Cybersecurity and Privacy Services.
As part of our continued future development within the European region, we are excited to grow our office in Dusseldorf to support our strong client connections throughout Germany. With many new projects in the pipeline and a strong team culture for supporting career development
As part of the HKA team you can expect:
- A strong collaborative culture focused improving diversity, supporting our employees and their career aspirations.
- The opportunity to be a part of a successful team, and an integral part of growing our German business offering.
- Be given the opportunity to work alongside established names within the industry, working on a wide range of challenging engagements and be given the opportunity to develop your client base with the backing of the HKA Global business.
HKA are recruiting for highly experienced Senior Commercial and Claims Consultants and Contract Managers with a background of working on projects on a global basis. Whilst our office base is Dusseldorf, we have opportunities to work on projects throughout Germany so location is not an issue.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Analyse and monitor the processing of incoming and outgoing claims, requests for additional work, and the associated response required.
- Identify events and supporting evidence to help prove liability of either the employer or the contractor.
- Prepare commercial negotiation strategies.
- Prepare evidence to counteract claims made by contractors
- Prepare counterclaims.
- Monitor, manage, and ensure compliance with the contractual obligations of the Parties
- Use contract management tools to monitor milestones, deviations, delays, and penalties, notifications of contractual default or deadline non-compliance
- Participate in financial management support to review and report on changes and associated requests for funds made by contractors
- Monitor notice periods of Works Orders;
- Manage and monitor bad weather and/or force majeure issues
Skills and Experience:
Ideally you will possess the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of 8 years relevant experience in large contracting on an international basis.
- A background in either infrastructure, oil & gas, nuclear or power generation.
- An influential individual with advanced negotiation skills.
- The ability to manage and deal with complex issues, tasks and projects, including large plant engineering.
- Posses both the knowledge and practical experience of basic schedule analysis methodologies and extension of time claims.
- A strong communicator and an effective presenter that thrives on collaboration.
- A proactive, committed and solution driven individual with the ability to adapt and manage change.
- Strong commercial acumen with a results focused mindset.
- Languages: Fluency in German and English(written and spoken) is mandatory.
What we offer:
At HKA we recognise our people are critical to our ongoing success. Our priority is to provide an inclusive and collaborative culture aimed at providing the best opportunities for our people to thrive and develop in their chose career path.
Our Global Recruitment team is committed to providing an authentic candidate experience for all those that take the time to apply to HKA. We are committed to providing an efficient and insightful recruitment process giving candidates a true reflection of life at HKA. We are committed to responding to all applicants, but responses will be received by the closing date.
Closing date: 28 February 2022
ED&I at HKA:
All HKA employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, or any other basis as protected by the Equality Act 2010 or in compliance with local legislation.
Interested in joining us? Learn more about HKA at www.hka.com