HKA is one of the world’s leading privately owned, independent providers of consulting, expert and advisory services for the construction, manufacturing, process and technology industries.
As trusted independent consultants, experts and advisors, we deliver solutions amid uncertainty, dispute and overrun, and provide the insights that make the best possible outcomes a reality for public and private sector clients worldwide. Our experts have testified across the globe on many of the largest quantum, delay, engineering and commercial damages matters.
As part of the HKA team you can expect:
- A strong collaborative culture focused on growing the Claims and Disputes practice and our team together.
- The opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing team and be part of driving the future success and development of our global business.
- The ability to leverage HKA’s strong brand in the construction space and reputation for exceptional expert witnesses to accelerate career development and connections.
HKA has an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and motivated Construction or Engineering student to work with our team in Vancouver. You will have the opportunity to work alongside some of our senior technical staff working on complex and interesting projects, giving you a valuable insight into the world of construction claims and dispute resolution.
- Currently pursuing a student participating in the Civil or Management Engineering Program
- Possess strong problem solving and critical thinking skills, diligence, and a desire to learn
- Basic knowledge or experience with project control scheduling software such as: Primavera P6, Microsoft Project required, Acumen or similar schedule analyzer program a plus
- Basic knowledge or experience with construction contracting a plus
- Construction budgeting, estimating and cost accounting experience a plus
The student will assist engineers and analysts in preparing and validating data to be used in analyzing delay and cost issues relating to construction claims. Tasks may include:
- Preparation of registers of project documents
- Extraction of relevant data from contemporaneous project records
- Normalization and validation of data
- Review of project schedules for compliance with contractual requirements and industry standards
- Review and analysis of manpower data, documents and data relating to changes, and cost data
ED&I at HKA:
All HKA employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, or any other basis as protected.