HKA is one of the world’s leading privately owned, independent providers of consulting, expert and advisory services for the construction, manufacturing, process and technology industries.
As trusted independent consultants, experts and advisors, we deliver solutions amid uncertainty, dispute and overrun, and provide the insights that make the best possible outcomes a reality for public and private sector clients worldwide.
As part of the HKA team you can expect:
- A strong collaborative culture focused on growing the Forensic Technical Services (FTS) practice and our team together.
- The opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing team and be part of driving the future success and development of our global FTS business.
- The ability to leverage HKA’s strong brand in the construction space and reputation for exceptional expert witnesses to accelerate career development and connections within this space.
Due to the continued growth of our Forensic Technical team, a strong active workload, and a robust pipeline, HKA, have an exciting opportunity for a Cross Examined Expert to join the well-established architecture team. This presents the opportunity for the successful candidate to work on projects both in the UK and internationally within a collaborative and diverse team.
Skills and Experience:
- A professionally registered architect with at least 15 years of well-rounded experience.
- Proven track record as a testifying Expert Witness.
- Experience of large-scale international projects.
- Professionally qualified from a Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA).
- Extensive experience of working as a practicing architect at all stages of the design and construction process.
- Detailed working knowledge of the services of the architect and standard forms of appointment.
- Detailed working knowledge of the use of different forms of building contracts.
- Strong knowledge of statutory consent processes and related legislation.
- Industry experience of cladding and facades.
- Strong report writing skills with the ability to communicate technical details to a non-technical audience effectively.
- Knowledge and experience of methods of resolving disputes.
What we offer:
At HKA we recognise our people are critical to our ongoing success. Our priority is to provide an inclusive and collaborative culture aimed at providing the best opportunities for our people to thrive and develop in their chose career path.
Location is not an issue we are happy to consider applications from any of our UK locations, we operate a flexible working approach and support flexible working patterns both in the office and home working.
Our Global Recruitment team is committed to providing an authentic candidate experience for all those that take the time to apply to HKA. We are committed to providing an efficient and insightful recruitment process giving candidates a true reflection of life at HKA. We are committed to responding to all applicants, but responses will be received by the closing date.
CLOSING DATE: 31 October 2021.
ED&I at HKA:
All HKA employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, or any other basis as protected by the Equality Act 2010 or in compliance with local legislation.
Interested in joining HKA? Come and see what we do at: www.hka.com