HKA is one of the world’s leading privately owned, independent providers of consulting, expert and advisory services for the construction, manufacturing, process and technology industries.
As trusted independent consultants, experts and advisors, we deliver solutions amid uncertainty, dispute and overrun, and provide the insights that make the best possible outcomes a reality for public and private sector clients worldwide. Our experts have testified across the globe on many of the largest quantum, delay, engineering and commercial damages matters.
As part of the HKA team you can expect:
- A strong collaborative culture focused on growing the Forensic Technical Services practice and our team together.
- The opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing team, develop your client base and strengthen your offering within the Expert Witness arena.
- Be given the opportunity to work on some of the worlds most exciting projects with the support of the business collaborating with some world renowned Experts in their field.
HKA is seeking to recruit a dynamic and experienced chartered engineer to join the already well-established building services team as part of the development of the business. The team has grown in both size and workload and this presents exciting opportunities for the successful candidate working on projects both in the UK and internationally, location is not an issue we are open to candidates being based either in the UK or indeed any of our international locations.
The ideal candidate will have been appointed as an Expert Witness, or at least assisted a named Expert Witness, in various forms of dispute resolution and will have experience of interaction with legal professionals, participating in meetings of experts and giving spoken evidence to a court and/or arbitral board.
Qualifications and experience:
- BEng(Hons)/MEng and/or post-graduate qualifications.
- Chartered Engineer.
- Membership of CIBSE or equivalent.
- At least 20 years’ experience within the MEP/building services engineering industry.
- Experience of MEP design and management with specialism in at least one discipline (Mechanical and Plumbing/Public Health and/or Electrical focus).
- Experience of large scale international projects.
- Experience of writing expert reports.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Has been appointed as an Expert Witness and ideally cross examined.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge and experience of methods of resolving disputes.
- Be prepared to travel in the UK and elsewhere when required.
What we offer:
At HKA we recognise our people are critical to our ongoing success. Our priority is to provide an inclusive and collaborative culture aimed at providing the best opportunities for our people to thrive and develop in their chose career path.
We operate a flexible working pattern both in terms of hours and location and are happy with flexible remote working.
Our Global Recruitment team is committed to providing an authentic candidate experience for all those that take the time to apply to HKA. We are committed to providing an efficient and insightful recruitment process giving candidates a true reflection of life at HKA. We are committed to responding to all applicants, but responses will be received by the closing date.
CLOSING DATE: 21 August 2021.
ED&I at HKA:
All HKA employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, or any other basis as protected by the Equality Act 2010 or in compliance with local legislation.