HKA is one of the world’s leading privately owned, independent providers of consulting, expert and advisory services for the construction, manufacturing, process and technology industries.
As trusted independent consultants, experts and advisors, we deliver solutions amid uncertainty, dispute and overrun, and provide the insights that make the best possible outcomes a reality for public and private sector clients worldwide. Our experts have testified across the globe on many of the largest quantum, delay, engineering and commercial damages matters.
As part of the HKA team you can expect:
- A strong collaborative culture focused on growing the Forensic Technical Services practice and our team together.
- The opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing team and be part of driving the future success and development of our global business.
- Utilise our excellent reputation in developing our employees’ careers and supporting personal growth
Our Energy, Resources and Industrial (ERI) Forensic Technical Services team are looking for an experienced industry professional who can provide expert level option and advisory support to a broad range of single and multi-discipline client engagements within the domain of Electrical Engineering. The base location for the post is flexible, ideally UK, Europe and Middle East.
- Providing support to the broader FTS team through knowledge and experience in Electrical Engineering related issues.
- Working actively with colleagues in the FTS ERI team in providing an integrated source of expert level industry knowledge and expertise.
- Retrospective and forensic technical analysis of projects in dispute.
- Acting as Expert Witness within the Electrical Engineering discipline, as a discrete issue or as part of a multi discipline expert team.
- Acting in an Advisory capacity to legal teams and clients on Electrical related issues.
- Assisting colleagues in the delivering the highest quality of deliverables by providing peer review input across ERI disciplines.
Skills and Experience:
Ideally you will possess the following skills and experience:
- At least 20 years of design and/or operations experience within Electrical Engineering.
- Sector experience to include Industrial and manufacturing – process, chemical, water/wastewater, power, and/or oil & gas. Experience from ULV to UHV would be considered relevant as would experience in HVDC transmission.
- Significant experience and detailed knowledge of design, equipment specification, testing and commissioning related procedures / best practice. Operation and maintenance experience would also be considered.
- Experience in Expert Witness work desirable but not essential.
What we offer:
At HKA we recognise that our people are critical to our ongoing success. Our priority is to provide an inclusive and collaborative culture aimed at providing the best opportunities for our people to thrive and develop in their chosen career path.
We operate a flexible working pattern both in terms of hours and location and are happy with flexible remote working.
Our Global Recruitment team is committed to providing an authentic candidate experience for all those who take the time to apply to HKA. We are committed to providing an efficient and insightful recruitment process giving candidates a true reflection of life at HKA. We are committed to responding to all applicants who apply by the closing date.
ED&I at HKA:
HKA has a thriving ED&I committee working hard to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment for a truly diverse set of employees. We are committed as a business on the continued improvement of our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion strategy, please visit our careers page for further information or feel free to ask our recruitment team for further information.