HKA is one of the world’s leading privately owned, independent providers of consulting, expert and advisory services for the construction, manufacturing, process, and technology industries.
As trusted independent consultants, experts, and advisors, we deliver solutions amid uncertainty, dispute and overrun, and provide the insights that make the best possible outcomes a reality for public and private sector clients worldwide. Our experts have testified across the globe on many of the largest quantum, delay, engineering, and commercial damages matters.
As part of the HKA team, you can expect:
Join an international Management Consultancy and make an impact through strategic financial decision making.
Opportunity to join a high performing team and create value.
Broaden your technical knowledge within an international company.
We are seeking a dedicated Assistant Accountant who loves being part of a multi- disciplined team and is looking for a challenge. You will be responsible for the accounts receivable and accounts payable functions, assist with the preparation of month end reporting, and overall support to the finance team.
As part of this role you will be responsible for:
- Maintenance of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Ledgers
- Following up aged debtors, securing payment dates and regular reporting on aged debtor status
- Processing accounts payable transactions, employee expense reimbursements and preparing electronic banking for approval
- Preparing journals for month end processing and balance sheet reconciliations
- Reconciling sub-contractor invoices and preparing margin analysis
- Supporting the Finance team with the annual audit, and adhoc requests
Skills are Experience
Ideally you will possess the following:
- It is preferable that you will be degree qualified in Accounting, however, we are open to someone who may be working towards a qualification
- Proven Australian accounting experience in a similar role
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft packages and ERP accounting software
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as role involves liaising with many stakeholders
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to learn quickly, multitask effectively and work to deadlines
- Enthusiasm to grow and develop professionally within the role
What we offer:
At HKA we recognise our people are critical to our ongoing success. Our priority is to provide an inclusive and collaborative culture aimed at providing the best opportunities for our people to thrive and develop in their chosen career path.
Our Global Recruitment team is committed to providing an authentic candidate experience for all those that take the time to apply to HKA. We are committed to providing an efficient and insightful recruitment process giving candidates a true reflection of life at HKA. We are committed to responding to all applicants; the timings for this may vary due to volume, but responses will be received by the closing date.
CLOSING DATE: 19 JUNE 2022
ED&I at HKA:
HKA has a thriving ED&I committee working hard to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment for a truly diverse set of employees. We are committed as a business on the continued improvement of our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion strategy, please visit our careers page for further information or feel free to ask our recruitment team for further information.
All HKA employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation or any other basis as protected by the Equality Act 2010 or in compliance with local legislation.