HKA is one of the world’s leading privately owned, independent providers of consulting, expert and advisory services for the construction, manufacturing, process and technology industries.
As trusted independent consultants, experts and advisors, we deliver solutions amid uncertainty, dispute and overrun, and provide the insights that make the best possible outcomes a reality for public and private sector clients worldwide. Our experts have testified across the globe on many of the largest quantum, delay, engineering and commercial damages matters.
As part of the HKA team you can expect:
- A strong collaborative culture focused on growing the Claims and Disputes practice and our team together.
- The opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing team and be part of driving the future success and development of our global business.
- The ability to leverage HKA’s strong brand in the construction space and reputation for exceptional expert witnesses to accelerate career development and connections.
HKA is recruiting a Forensic Accounting Director or Manager with Post Acquisitions Disputes experience.
- Lead Post Acquisitions Disputes client projects providing forensic accounting services related to analysis of purchase agreement related accounting issues.
- Communicate with client project liaison on a consistent basis.
- Assist in preparing party submissions and expert reports for projects involving mergers & acquisitions post-acquisition disputes, related to working capital and other purchase price adjustments, earn-outs, and representation and warranty claims primarily related to accounting and damage issues.
- Assist in the preparation of economic loss or damage claim computations and calculations in support of party submissions and expert opinion report.
- Assist in analysis and preparation of neutral accountant and arbiter determinations.
- Ability to analyze financial and accounting documents and records related to methodologies, applications, and measurement of accounting transactions in assessing accounting treatment under generally accepted accounting principles and purchase agreements.
- Knowledge of GAAP, FASB and SEC accounting standards and the ability to conduct research for technical accounting-related guidance and content on subject specific topics.
- Assist with building complex models to analyze economic and financial data using spreadsheets and databases.
- Strong and concise communication of analysis and work product as appropriate.
- The ability to multitask and work within deadlines/ priorities whilst working on multiple projects, delegating to team members and managing the expectations of clients to help ensure client satisfaction.
- A positive and collaborative way of working, fostering good internal and external relationships whilst maintaining the confidential nature of client relationships and related work products.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Accounting.
- 8+ years of technical accounting experience at a large multinational or national public accountancy firm or forensic accounting boutique.
- 4+ years managing consulting teams for client projects.
- Prior consulting work is a must.
- Experience in Forensic Accounting is desirable but not essential.
- At least one professional designation such as CPA, CFA, MBA.
- Commitment to undertaking high-quality analysis with strong problem solving and attention to detail.
- Strong technically with experience in data analytics and the ability to manipulate data.
- Exceptional written and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
What we offer:
At HKA we recognize that our people are critical to our ongoing success. Our priority is to provide an inclusive and collaborative culture aimed at providing the best opportunities for our people to thrive and develop in their chosen career path.
Our Global Recruitment team is committed to providing an authentic candidate experience for all those who take the time to apply to HKA. We are committed to providing an efficient and insightful recruitment process giving candidates a true reflection of life at HKA. We are committed to responding to all applicants who apply by the closing date.
ED&I at HKA:
HKA has a thriving ED&I committee working hard to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment for a truly diverse set of employees. We are committed as a business on the continued improvement