HKA is one of the world’s leading privately owned, independent providers of consulting, expert and advisory services for the construction, manufacturing, process and technology industries.
As trusted independent consultants, experts and advisors, we deliver solutions amid uncertainty, dispute and overrun, and provide the insights that make the best possible outcomes a reality for public and private sector clients worldwide. Our experts have testified across the globe on many of the largest quantum, delay, engineering and commercial damages matters.
As part of the HKA team you can expect:
- A strong collaborative culture focused on growing the Claims and Disputes practice and our team together.
- The opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing team and be part of driving the future success and development of our global business.
- The ability to leverage HKA’s strong brand in the construction space and reputation for exceptional expert witnesses to accelerate career development and connections.
Due to HKA’s continued growth in North America, we are looking to add a dynamic and experienced Manager level consultant to our Construction Claims team. This role is an integral part of the Construction team, with high internal and client visibility.
The Manager position offers high levels of variety in the day to day responsibilities including offers good opportunities for personal career growth, team collaboration and client interface.
Qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s in Construction Management, Construction Engineering, Engineering, or other STEM field.
• Must have at least 3+ years’ experience in the construction or consulting industry.
• Must have detailed knowledge and experience of critical path method concepts with project control scheduling software such as Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, Acumen or similar schedule analyzer program.
• Must have technical knowledge of forensic delay analysis techniques and analytical approaches for advancing or defending construction claims.
• Must have construction budgeting, estimating and cost accounting experience with strong leadership skills and ability to manage a team.
• Experience and efficiency with Excel (power query, pivot tables, pivot charts, macros).
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues at all levels.
What we offer:
At HKA we recognize that our people are critical to our ongoing success. Our priority is to provide an inclusive and collaborative culture aimed at providing the best opportunities for our people to thrive and develop in their chosen career path.
We operate a flexible working pattern both in terms of hours and location and are happy with flexible remote working.
Our Global Recruitment team is committed to providing an authentic candidate experience for all those who take the time to apply to HKA. We are committed to providing an efficient and insightful recruitment process giving candidates a true reflection of life at HKA. We are committed to responding to all applicants who apply by the closing date.
ED&I at HKA:
HKA has a thriving ED&I committee working hard to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment for a truly diverse set of employees. We are committed as a business on the continued improvement of our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion strategy, please visit our careers page for further information or feel free to ask our recruitment team for further information.
All HKA employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, disability, gender or gender reassignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, or any other basis as protected.