HKA is the leading global consultancy in risk mitigation and dispute resolution, using our multi-disciplinary expertise to provide a comprehensive set of specialist services, including Expert, Claims and Advisory services for the capital projects and infrastructure sector, Forensic Accounting and Commercial Damages and Cybersecurity and Privacy Services.
HKA continues to invest in the development and growth of our European region, our people are at the heart of our success. We are a global team who share a passion for providing the best in class service to our clients, at HKA you have the opportunity to become part of an independent business with global knowledge, expertise and vision. We pride ourselves on our inclusive culture, fostering meaningful relationships between colleagues and creating an open and fair environment that allows everyone to thrive.
As part of the HKA team you can expect:
- A strong collaborative culture focused on growing the claims and disputes practice and our team together.
- The opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing team, whilst being mentored and working alongside some of the most respected and experienced industry professionals.
- The ability to further your career development by working on some of the most iconic projects and complex cases in the world.
Our European business is looking to develop our claims teams, we are looking for experienced construction professionals that are looking to make the transition into specialising in dispute resolution and construction claims to be based in any of our UK locations.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Support our Senior Consultants with analysis, monitoring and processing of incoming and outgoing claims, requests for additional work, and the associated response required.
- Identify events and supporting evidence to help prove liability of either the employer or the contractor.
- Act as support for the preparation of commercial negotiation strategies.
- Prepare evidence to counteract claims made by contractors.
- Working as part of a team to prepare counterclaims.
We welcome applications from candidates with the following background:
- Engineers, Quantity Surveyors or Architects (preferably with legal qualifications but not essential).
- 5+ years’ experience with at least 3 years being project based.
- A naturally curious and analytical mindset.
- A keen interest in making a move to a Construction Claims Consultancy (working on large Infrastructure and Oil & Gas projects).
- Previous involvement with claims would be beneficial but not essential.
- Must be willing to travel and open to further academic/professional studies.
What we offer:
At HKA we recognise our people are critical to our ongoing success. Our priority is to provide an inclusive and collaborative culture aimed at providing the best opportunities for our people to thrive and develop in their chose career path.
Our Global Recruitment team is committed to providing an authentic candidate experience for all those that take the time to apply to HKA. We are committed to providing an efficient and insightful recruitment process giving candidates a true reflection of life at HKA. We are committed to responding to all applicants, but responses will be received by the closing date.
CLOSING DATE: 28 February 2022.
ED&I at HKA:
All HKA employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, or any other basis as protected by the Equality Act 2010 or in compliance with local legislation.
Interested in joining us? Learn more about HKA at www.hka.com