HKA is one of the world’s leading consultancies of choice for multi-disciplinary expert and specialist services in dispute resolution within, among others, the capital projects and infrastructure sector.
We also advise clients on the economic and financial impact of commercial and investment treaty disputes and in forensic accounting matters.
The success of our Forensic Accounting & Commercial Damages (FACD) practice and our vision for the future has seen the practice grow from strength to strength, with the addition of new partners and colleagues. As a result, we are looking to further that success with the continued growth of FACD within our European region with roles available in London and Paris.
As part of the HKA team you can expect:
- A strong collaborative culture focused on growing the FACD practice globally and our team together. We work closely with colleagues from around the world.
- The opportunity to work with a leadership team that believe in strong mentoring and support for your career development.
- The opportunity to work on complex and challenging valuation and damages assessment engagements from all around the world.
Are you a qualified ACA, ACCA, CFA or an economist, with at least four years’ experience in dispute support, forensic accounting or valuation?
If you are looking to further specialise in the areas you have enjoyed along the way, pick up new skills and move into something new that plays to your strengths come and talk to us. We can offer you an opportunity to start a new chapter in your career that uses your existing ability to interpret accounts, value businesses and/or and analyse macro and micro economic impacts and above all, offers you rewarding new challenges.
Whilst most of our work is in English and there is no language requirement, for those with relevant language skills there may also be the opportunity to use those as a number of our cases involve or are run in different languages
You will be responsible for:
- Performing financial, accounting and economic analyses, and directing and reviewing the analyses of junior members of staff.
- Performing business valuations, including using and reviewing the use of relevant software tools for research and data analysis.
- Communicating results and explaining work products as appropriate to the partner and clients.
- Drafting sections of expert reports.
- Managing some interactions with clients.
- Performing business development activities and attending networking events.
- Delivering training and developing colleagues.
Ideally you will possess the following skills and experience:
- Graduate or post-graduate degrees in a quantitative subject such as accounting, finance, economics, or business/management.
- Either a Qualified Accountant or a post graduate economist with a minimum of 7 years’ total experience, including at least 4 years in Forensic Accounting or Contentious Valuations and proven track record in disputes.
- Committed to undertaking high quality analysis with strong problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- A strategic thinker who is comfortable working through ambiguity.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Language skills are a plus
- A respected team player.
What we offer:
At HKA we recognise that our people are critical to our ongoing success. Our priority is to provide an inclusive and collaborative culture aimed at providing the best opportunities for our people to thrive and develop in their chosen career path.
We operate a flexible working pattern both in terms of hours and location and are happy with flexible remote working.
Our Global Recruitment team is committed to providing an authentic candidate experience for all those who take the time to apply to HKA. We are committed to providing an efficient and insightful recruitment process giving candidates a true reflection of life at HKA. We are committed to responding to all applicants who apply by the closing date.
ED&I at HKA:
HKA has a thriving ED&I committee working hard to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment for a truly diverse set of employees. We are committed as a business on the continued improvement of our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion strategy, please visit our careers page for further information or feel free to ask our recruitment team for further information.
All HKA employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, disability, gender or gender reassignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, or any other basis as protected by the Equality Act 2010, or in compliance with local legislation.