HKA is the leading global consultancy in commercial dispute resolution and risk mitigation professional services. We use our multi-disciplinary expertise to provide a comprehensive set of specialist capabilities, incorporating Expert, Claims and Advisory services. These are complemented by high calibre expertise in Forensic Accounting and Commercial Damages and Cybersecurity and Privacy services.
For almost 50 years, we have successfully deployed specialist consultants to support clients engaged in the delivery of capital projects and infrastructure developments including building construction, oil & gas, nuclear, power & utilities, and transport schemes.
To accelerate the development of our presence across Europe, we are excited to expand our practice with new offices opening in Paris to support our existing strong client connections throughout France. The addition of new Partners and team members in France, who share HKA’s passion for providing best in class service to its clients, mean that now is the time to see what a career at HKA in France could look like for you.
As part of the HKA team you can expect:
- A strong collaborative culture focused on supporting our employees and providing exceptional consulting services.
- The opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing team, and an integral part of our European expansion in our new offices in France.
- The ability to further your career development whilst being mentored and working alongside some of the most respected and experienced industry professionals.
Due to the continued growth of our European practice, a strong active workload, and a robust pipeline, HKA has an exciting opportunity to appoint Commercial and Claims Consultants as part of our new business expansion in France.
This presents an opportunity for professionals that are looking to make the transition into specialising in dispute resolution and construction claims working as part of a collaborative and diverse team. Whilst our office base is Paris, we have opportunities to work on projects throughout France and internationally, as such we are flexible on your location within France.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Support our Senior Consultants with implementation of Contract Services and strategy in relation to Client contracts, Partnership arrangements and subcontractors within a Project environment from Bidding phase to delivery and end of warranty period.
- Monitor and process incoming and outgoing claims, requests for additional work from parties to contracts, and the associated responses required.
- Support our Senior Consultants to Identify events and collate all appropriate evidence to help initiate and coordinate the preparation, negotiation and settlement of change orders, claims and counterclaims.
- Provide support for the preparation of commercial negotiation strategies.
- Support the Senior Consultant to monitor, manage, and ensure compliance with the contractual obligations of the parties.
- Assist the subcontracting and procurement teams in the identification, negotiation and resolution of change orders and claims of subcontractors and vendors.
- Use contract management tools to monitor milestones, deviations, delays, and penalties, notifications of contractual default or deadline non-compliance.
Skills & Experience:
- Commercial/ Engineering/ Legal related qualification.
- 2+ years of commercial experience gained from the construction or engineering sector.
- A background in either infrastructure, oil & gas, nuclear or power generation.
- A keen interest in developing your experience within dispute resolution and construction claims.
- Flexible, creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as a member of a team.
- The appetite to learn and develop your knowledge.
- The willingness to travel to support or clients and their projects.
- Languages: Fluency in English and French (written and spoken) is mandatory.
What we offer:
At HKA we recognise our people are critical to our ongoing success. Our priority is to provide an inclusive and collaborative culture aimed at providing the best opportunities for our people to thrive and develop in their chose career path.
Our Global Recruitment team is committed to providing an authentic candidate experience for all those that take the time to apply to HKA. We are committed to providing an efficient and insightful recruitment process giving candidates a true reflection of life at HKA. We are committed to responding to all applicants, and will respond no later than the closing date.
Closing date: 31 January 2022.
ED&I at HKA:
All HKA employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, or any other basis as protected by the Equality Act 2010 or in compliance with local legislation.
Interested in joining us? Learn more about HKA at www.hka.com