HKA is one of the world’s leading privately owned, independent providers of consulting, expert and advisory services for the construction, manufacturing, process and technology industries.
As trusted independent consultants, experts and advisors, we deliver solutions amid uncertainty, dispute and overrun, and provide the insights that make the best possible outcomes a reality for public and private sector clients worldwide. Our experts have testified across the globe on many of the largest quantum, delay, engineering and commercial damages matters.
As part of the HKA team you can expect:
- A strong collaborative culture focused on growing the Claims and Disputes practice and our team together.
- The opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing team and be part of driving the future success and development of our global business.
- The ability to leverage HKA’s strong brand in the construction space and reputation for exceptional expert witnesses to accelerate career development and connections.
The Business Support Administrator’s overall responsibilities will be to perform administrative oriented tasks for professional staff in the Government Contracts group of the Washington, DC office, and personnel and administrative staff in other HKA offices as needed. Except for occasional training, this position does not require travel outside of Washington, DC. The Business Support Administrator position requires strong critical thinking skills, keen attention to detail, a professional demeanor, discretion, and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, including the ability to work well with all levels of the HKA teams, as well as outside clients and vendors. We are looking for someone with stable work experience, preferably in office administration, who is able to work overtime as needed and is committed to providing excellent customer service.
- Provide Administrative Support For Multiple Firm Leaders. Typical Support Duties Include:
- Time and Expense Entry,
- Calendar Management,
- Complex Business Travel Arrangements,
- Client Contract Management,
- Meeting Coordination,
- Project Administration, Including System Management for Lifecycle of Project,
- Project Support, Including Binder Preparation, Basic Accounting Analysis, Document Preparation, and Scan, Copy, and Print Jobs,
- Prepare Client Invoices and Manage Accounts Receivable,
- Business Development Coordination.
- Project Administration, including conflict checks and system management of projects;
- Government Contracts Case Research;
- Manage Shipping and Receiving all Packages through FedEx/UPS/US Mail;
- Assist with Event Planning;
- Create and Maintain Spreadsheets and Databases;
- Other Tasks as Required/Requested.
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ Years of Administrative Support Experience
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Outstanding Communication Skills
- Ability to Problem Solve
- Excellent Time Management Skills and the Ability to Prioritize Work from Multiple Supervisors
- Ability to Work Collaboratively and Effectively with the Administrative Personnel Across the Firm
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Organization Skills and Management of Processes
- Experience With ERP Systems (e.g., Deltek Vantagepoint CRM and/or Accounting) a Plus
What we offer:
At HKA we recognize our people are critical to our ongoing success. Our priority is to provide an inclusive and collaborative culture aimed at providing the best opportunities for our people to thrive and develop in their chose career path.
We operate a flexible working pattern both in terms of hours and location and are happy with flexible remote working.
Our Global Recruitment team is committed to providing an authentic candidate experience for all those that take the time to apply to HKA. We are committed to providing an efficient and insightful recruitment process giving candidates a true reflection of life at HKA. We are committed to responding to all applicants, but responses will be received by the closing date.
ED&I at HKA:
All HKA employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, or any other basis as protected.