HKA is one of the world’s leading privately owned, independent providers of consulting, expert and advisory services for the construction, manufacturing, process and technology industries.
As trusted independent consultants, experts and advisors, we deliver solutions amid uncertainty, dispute and overrun, and provide the insights that make the best possible outcomes a reality for public and private sector clients worldwide. Our experts have testified across the globe on many of the largest quantum, delay, engineering and commercial damages matters.
As part of the HKA team in Australia, you can expect:
- The opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing team and be part of driving the future success and development of our global business.
- Opportunities to lead complex commercial negotiations on high-profile, major infrastructure projects.
- If you're not already located in Australia we can provide assistance with relocation support and a generous relocation package.
We are seeking a Director to join our growing Commercial Advisory team, based at our Sydney office. We are looking for someone who has major infrastructure procurement experience. Ideally this includes the development of procurement strategies, commercial model design and management of complex transactions, including interactive dialogue.
HKA’s Commercial Advisory business in Australia provides advice and support to large government entities and major asset owners in the transport, roads, water and energy sectors.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Advisory, you will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the overall leadership of the Commercial Advisory team, developing staff capabilities and coaching and mentoring team members.
- Developing infrastructure project delivery and contracting models and procurement strategies for major, complex, and/or high-value construction projects.
- Leading complex commercial transactions in relation to construction contracts and supply contracts in the transport, roads, water and energy sectors.
Skills and Experience:
We are seeking individuals with proven project experience, in-depth knowledge of construction commercial principles and leadership experience, coupled with a passion to develop your career.
Ideally you will possess the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualification in engineering, business, quantity surveying, law, commerce, or other relevant discipline.
- Strong business results orientation: ability to align procurement agenda with broader business parameters.
- Excellent business intuition, strategic thinking and thought leadership.
- Strong people leadership and management skills with robust experience developing and leading high-performing teams; with the initiative and eagerness to develop strategies to overcome challenges and drive organisational capability.
- Exceptional stakeholder management, networking and people engagement skills and proven ability to collaborate and build relationships at all levels in complex, dynamic environments.
- Experience developing procurement and delivery strategies for major capital and revenue infrastructure spend.
- Experience developing robust standard form or bespoke contracts, and negotiating with suppliers to achieve competitiveness and risk reduction.
- Experience leading teams to manage tendering processes from requirements, gathering through to contract award, including control of quality, championing innovation, obtaining value for money and securing our clients’ strategic outcomes.
- Sound working knowledge of public sector procurement and probity principles.
Relocation - what you can expect from us:
The opportunity to relocate to Australia - The warmer climate, strong economy and laid-back lifestyle attracts many to make the move to Australia. You can expect a high-quality of life, good work-life balance and the opportunity to explore the country's wilderness, coupled with an abundance of wildlife. Moving to a new country is very exciting but we appreciate that it can also be challenging. We'll help provide you with all of the help and guidance that you will require in order to plan your move and to help you settle in.
A competitive salary, benefits and relocation package - whilst the cost of living in Australia is higher compared to other countries, we offer competitive salaries and a generous benefits package to ensure that you are financially comfortable. We will also provide you with relocation assistance and a relocation package, which includes one way flight to Australia, visa lodgment and migration costs and reimbursement for relocation expenses, which may be used towards, but not limited to, removals expenses or temporary accommodation whilst you secure permanent accommodation.
The opportunity to work on Australia's largest infrastructure projects - you will gain exposure working on a variety of exciting, complex mega-projects, alongside our world leading experts. You will develop your career working across a number of sectors, with both public and provide sector clients. We partner with a wide range of clients across the transport, roads, water, energy and social infrastructure sectors. Recent clients have included Sydney Metro, Sydney Water, WestConnex, Easing Sydney's Congestion, Melbourne Airport Rail, Waka Kotahi (New Zealand Transport Agency) and Infrastructure Australia.
What we offer:
At HKA we recognise our people are critical to our ongoing success. Our priority is to provide an inclusive and collaborative culture aimed at providing the best opportunities for our people to thrive and develop in their chose career path.
We operate a flexible working pattern both in terms of hours and location and are happy with flexible remote working.
Our Global Recruitment team is committed to providing an authentic candidate experience for all those that take the time to apply to HKA. We are committed to providing an efficient and insightful recruitment process giving candidates a true reflection of life at HKA. We are committed to responding to all applicants, but responses will be received by the closing date.
ED&I at HKA:
All HKA employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, or any other basis in compliance with local legislation.