HKA is one of the world’s leading privately owned, independent providers of consulting, expert and advisory services for the construction, manufacturing, process and technology industries.
As trusted independent consultants, experts, and advisors, we deliver solutions amid uncertainty, dispute and overrun, and provide the insights that make the best possible outcomes a reality for public and private sector clients worldwide. Our experts have testified across the globe on many of the largest quantum, delay, engineering, and commercial damages matters.
As Part of the HKA team in Australia, you can expect:
- Work with our trusted transport partners and manage the delivery of large Roads and Rail Infrastructure projects.
- The opportunity to relocate to a new country with a sunnier climate and make an impact across major Sydney Infrastructure projects.
- The ability to further your career development by working on some of the most iconic projects and complex cases in the world and to work alongside established names within the industry
We are seeking a dedicated Project Manager to join our team with a strong Roads and Rail infrastructure background, working alongside one of our trusted transport partners. You will be responsible for implementing and managing infrastructure, and ensuring practices and procedures are carried out efficiently.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring project schedule, price, quality and objectives are achieved.
- Lead and manage projects, estimating cost controls and project forecasting and reporting for client’s approvals and ensure efficient preparations of documents regarding the project.
- Ensure a high level of safety is achieved and WHS is followed, environmental management and quality is achieved.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, external stakeholders and clients’ representatives.
- Coordinate site activity between multiple parties and mediate any conflict that may arise to ensure effective and efficient site operations.
- Manage contract risks and issues by leading the development, tendering and administration of professional services and construction contracts.
Skills and Experience
You will have proven experience within Civil Engineering or Construction, and large-scale infrastructure projects.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications within Engineering or a similar discipline.
- Demonstrated experience managing large infrastructure projects, contract management, WHS management and environmental planning.
- Proven experience within the tender process and overseeing professional services and construction contractors.
- Ability to form and develop strong relationships to promote collaboration and effective decision making.
- Confidence developing and maintaining strong relationships, contractors, stakeholders and other clientele.
- People management skills and the ability to lead a team.
- The ability to take initiative and willingness to grow and develop internally.
- Ability to prioritise and manage own time in an environment with several competing requirements.
Relocation - what you can expect from us:
The opportunity to relocate to Australia - The warmer climate, strong economy and laidback lifestyle attracts many to make the move to Australia. You can expect a high-quality of life, good work-life balance and the opportunity to explore the country's wilderness, coupled with an abundance of wildlife. Moving to a new country is very exciting but we appreciate that it can also be challenging. We'll help provide you with all of the help and guidance that you will require in order to plan your move and to help you settle in.
A competitive salary, benefits and relocation package - whilst the cost of living in Australia is higher compared to other countries, we offer competitive salaries and a generous benefits package to ensure that you are financially comfortable. We will also provide you with relocation assistance and a relocation package, which includes one way flight to Australia, visa lodgment and migration costs and reimbursement for relocation expenses, which may be used towards, but not limited to, removals expenses or temporary accommodation whilst you secure permanent accommodation.
The opportunity to work on Australia largest infrastructure projects - you will gain exposure working on a variety of exciting, complex mega-projects, alongside our world leading experts. You will develop your career working across a number of sectors, with both public and provide sector clients. We partner with a wide range of clients across the transport, roads, water, energy and social infrastructure sectors. Recent clients have included Sydney Metro, Sydney Water, WestConnex, Easing Sydney's Congestion, Melbourne Airport Rail, Waka Kotahi (New Zealand Transport Agency) and Infrastructure Australia.
At HKA we recognise our people are critical to our ongoing success. Our priority is to provide an inclusive and collaborative culture aimed at providing the best opportunities for our people to thrive and develop in their chosen career path.
Our Global Recruitment team is committed to providing an authentic candidate experience for all those that take the time to apply to HKA. We are committed to providing an efficient and insightful recruitment process giving candidates a true reflection of life at HKA. We are committed to responding to all applicants; the timings for this may vary due to volume, but responses will be received by the closing date.
All HKA employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation or any other basis as protected by the Equality Act 2010 or in compliance with local legislation.
If you require more information on the above position prior to applying, please contact Tegan Martina - Recruitment Resourcer for Oceania & Asia, for an informal, strictly confidential discussion initially by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in joining HKA? Come and see what we do at: www.hka.com