HKA is one of the world’s leading privately owned, independent providers of consulting, expert and advisory services for the construction, manufacturing, process and technology industries.
As trusted independent consultants, experts and advisors, we deliver solutions amid uncertainty, dispute and overrun, and provide the insights that make the best possible outcomes a reality for public and private sector clients worldwide. Our experts have testified across the globe on many of the largest quantum, delay, engineering and commercial damages matters.
As part of the HKA team you can expect:
- A strong collaborative culture focused on growing the Claims and Disputes practice and our team together.
- The opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing team and be part of driving the future success and development of our global business.
- The ability to leverage HKA’s strong brand in the construction space and reputation for exceptional expert witnesses to accelerate career development and connections.
Due to HKA’s continued growth in North America, we are looking to add a dynamic and experienced Manager level consultant to our team in Vancouver. This is an essential role to the team, with project ownership, client interaction/ relationship building and internal stakeholder interaction.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree qualified in construction, engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience working in a relevant construction claims management, contract management, or cost controls capacity.
- Strong skills using relevant software tools: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Strong report writing skills.
- Knowledge of delay damages quantification methods and a keen interest to excel in this field.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues at all levels.
- Knowledge about construction budgeting, estimating and cost accounting experience is a plus
- Experience with claims preparation or expert report preparation is a plus
What we offer:
At HKA we recognize our people are critical to our ongoing success. Our priority is to provide an inclusive and collaborative culture aimed at providing the best opportunities for our people to thrive and develop in their chose career path.
We operate a flexible working pattern both in terms of hours and location and are happy with flexible remote working.
Our Global Recruitment team is committed to providing an authentic candidate experience for all those that take the time to apply to HKA. We are committed to providing an efficient and insightful recruitment process giving candidates a true reflection of life at HKA. We are committed to responding to all applicants, but responses will be received by the closing date.
ED&I at HKA:
All HKA employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, or any other basis as protected.