HKA is the world’s leading providers of advisory, consulting, and expert services for the construction, manufacturing, process and technology industries. HKA employs more than 950 professionals across 45 offices in over 21 countries.
We are seeking an experienced Assistant Controller to support the Americas finance team based in our Philadelphia office who will report directly to the Controller.
- Effectively lead staff to ensure a timely and accurate general ledger month-end close, FBD +2 ½
- Directly manage Finance manager whose primary duty is to book all accounting entries, complete monthly account reconciliations, and prepare work papers for US entities during month-end close
- Manage AP specialist who oversees the bookings of all AP vouchers and related payments, completes monthly bank reconciliations, and manages the AP aging report to ensure vendors are paid in a timely manner
- Review month-end balance sheet and P&L account reconciliations and work papers prepared by the Accounting Managers and Finance staff of each Americas entity. Ensure balances are accurate and work papers are properly supported
- Consolidate and analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the Controller’s attention
- Prepare 6 month rolling Cashflow forecasts and month over month variance analysis to budget and forecast.
- Support annual financial, FAR & 401k audits. Liaison with external auditors to ensure all requested documentation is provided and accurately supported.
- Audit workflow to ensure that all accounting transactions are processed accurately and in compliance with industry standards
- Enhance current processes to improve efficiency. Assist the Controller with streamlining various back-office processes.
- Assist the Controller in the annual budget preparation of the P&L, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cashflow
- Serve as point person for all federal and state tax filings. Work with tax accountants to ensure all returns and payments are accurate and completed in a timely manner
- Work directly with Registered Agent to ensure all annual and quarterly filings are completed and business licenses in each state are compliant and in good standing.
We welcome applications from candidates who possess the following;
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience. CPA is required
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of IFRS accounting principles
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with Deltek a plus
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and understanding of professional services business would be an advantage