HKA is one of the world’s leading privately owned, independent providers of consulting, expert and advisory services for the construction, manufacturing, process and technology industries.
As trusted independent consultants, experts and advisors, we deliver solutions amid uncertainty, dispute and overrun, and provide the insights that make the best possible outcomes a reality for public and private sector clients worldwide. Our experts have testified across the globe on many of the largest quantum, delay, engineering and commercial damages matters.
As part of the HKA team you can expect:
- The ability to leverage HKA’s strong brand and reputation in the construction space to accelerate your career development as an exceptional expert witness and increase your connections within this space.
- The opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing team and be part of driving the future success and development of our Asian business.
- A strong collaborative culture focused on growing the dispute practice and our team together.
For those looking to develop their existing credibility as an Expert Witness, this is the opportunity to join a progressive and collaborative environment, working on international appointments of the size and complexity only a global consultancy would be appointed to.
We support our Experts with the instructions that they develop through their own efforts and we proactively promote Experts who are most appropriate for the enquiries HKA receive, whether in international Arbitration or in Adjudication. You will also be able to draw upon advice and mentoring from some of the foremost recognised Expert Witness in their field.
You will be the key lead in the client facing requirements and will act as a testifying Delay Expert. You will be responsible for providing delay assessments within claims expert appointments, in respect of construction claims, litigation support, commercial or contractual advisory services to HKA’s clients both regionally and internationally.
You will also be required to participate in business development activities, which may include but is not limited to the following: identifying business opportunities; conducting marketing presentations for clients; speaking at conferences and/or events; preparing proposals and negotiating client contracts in line with HKA policies.
This is a senior role, which is reflected in the remuneration and benefits package on offer. You may also be required to travel to other offices across Asia, the Middle East and internationally from time to time.
Skills and Experience:
Ideally you will possess the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience of being appointed as Expert Witness and testified on at least one occasion.
- Driven, committed individual with high professional ethics and a keenness for business management, who is seeking to develop their career as an expert.
- Extensive post-qualification construction industry experience in cost, quantum and claims assessment matters.
- Master’s degree in construction or legal field and/or equivalent post-graduate qualifications.
- You will possess demonstrable experience in delay assessment of the various methodologies in the construction industry.
- Strong writing skills.
- The candidate must also have experience in managing teams in technical delivery of a commission and to independently identify new opportunities.
- Must be able to lead commissions and be the point of contact with the clients in executing services. Must be able to drive strategy with client/team alike.
- Must be able to approach, pitch, negotiate and conclude appointments with support from our Head of Operations and Partners.
What we offer:
At HKA we recognise our people are critical to our ongoing success. Our priority is to provide an inclusive and collaborative culture aimed at providing the best opportunities for our people to thrive and develop in their chose career path.
We operate a flexible working pattern both in terms of hours and location and are happy with flexible remote working.
Our Global Recruitment team is committed to providing an authentic candidate experience for all those that take the time to apply to HKA. We are committed to providing an efficient and insightful recruitment process giving candidates a true reflection of life at HKA. We are committed to responding to all applicants, but responses will be received by the closing date.
CLOSING DATE: 30th October 2021
ED&I at HKA:
All HKA employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, or any other basis as protected by the Equality Act 2010 or in compliance with local legislation.