HKA is a leading project, strategy, and infrastructure advisory company. We provide strategic advisory and transformation services to major infrastructure clients and large asset businesses. Working at HKA means you are stepping into an organisation that is delivering some of Australia’s most exciting and innovative projects.
At HKA, we deal in complexity. But our approach is simple. We employ the best people and support them as they achieve the best outcomes for our clients. Our people come from across the industry and a wide spectrum of disciplines.
As part of the HKA Team you can expect:
- Join an international Management Consultancy making an impact through the internal needs of our business.
- A strong and collaborative culture focused on growing the practice and the team together.
- The opportunity to grow and progress within an IT capacity, working with the global IT team accelerating career development and connections.
This position provides an opportunity to develop your career and thrive within both site support and technical support services within Global IT Department. The primary function of this role is to ensure that HKA’s staff receive the highest level of quality and support and liaising with the international team to ensure efficient business operations.
This role is integral to the business, being a part of a multi-faceted company, juggling multiple priorities and assisting people in meeting strict deadlines.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Being the go-to person in the office for all IT requirements (after being passed through IT Help Desk).
- Manage and support the global site support team.
- Monitor assigned Helpdesk calls and assist with support specifications when required.
- Perform administrative duties on local servers including supporting the LAN and WAN hardware.
- Being prepared and willing to provide necessary support and assistance (sometimes hands-on where required), otherwise remotely.
- Keep up to date and maintain knowledge of current and new technological developments in microcomputer hardware and software.
- Assist with the onboarding process with HR to ensure there is a smooth transition into HKA for new candidates and contractors.
- Provide basic quality checks on new IT equipment including verifications or requisitions including the build/set up of new equipment.
- Provide monthly reports and participate in weekly/fortnightly meetings with the Global IT Team.
- Perform other related duties as required by the Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
The function of this role is to provide 2nd and 3rd level support of IT and telecommunications at an office/regional and global level. The ideal candidate will be required to travel between the office and their residence and provide local support when necessary.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- University Degree qualifications relevant to the IT Sector or equivalent work experience with demonstrable practical knowledge within a similar role.
- Proven experience within the IT sector and juggling multiple priorities.
- Knowledge and ability to manage microcomputer, server, network and phone equipment requirements associated with an international 200+ customer business.
- The ability to be flexible where necessary to comply with international meetings and dealing with corporate customers and end users.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to be patient and resilient explaining operating procedures and error rectifications.
- Experienced with computer programs such as Microsoft and other relevant software.
- A calm and confident demeanour, with strong interpersonal skills both remotely and in person.
At HKA we recognise our people are critical to our ongoing success. Our priority is to provide an inclusive and collaborative culture aimed at providing the best opportunities for our people to thrive and develop in their chosen career path.
Our Global Recruitment team is committed to providing an authentic candidate experience for all those that take the time to apply to HKA. We are committed to providing an efficient and insightful recruitment process giving candidates a true reflection of life at HKA. We are committed to responding to all applicants; the timings for this may vary due to volume, but responses will be received by the closing date.
All HKA employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation or any other basis as protected by the Equality Act 2010 or in compliance with local legislation.
If you require more information on the above position prior to applying, please contact Tegan Martina - Recruitment Resourcer for Oceania & Asia, for an informal, strictly confidential discussion initially by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in joining HKA? Come and see what we do at: www.hka.com