HKA is a leading project, strategy, and infrastructure advisory company. We provide strategic advisory and transformation services to major infrastructure clients and large asset businesses. Working at HKA means you are stepping into an organisation that is delivering some of Australia’s most exciting and innovative projects.
At HKA, we deal in complexity. But our approach is simple. We employ the best people and support them as they achieve the best outcomes for our clients. Our people come from across the industry and a wide spectrum of disciplines.
As Part of the HKA Team, you can expect:
- Opportunity to join an international Management Consultancy working alongside one of our transport clients on high profile projects within the Sydney area,
- Exposure to multiple clients and sectors across the business,
- Provide an "eyes on the ground" view of the project.
HKA is a leading project, strategy and infrastructure advisory company operating in Australia and across the globe. We are seeking a dedicated Surveillance Officer to join our team in Sydney.
You will be responsible for:
- Facilitate and oversee the M&E aspects of the project delivery.
- Conduct site surveillance, desktop reviews of documentation and pro-actively keep abreast of the design and construct development by the Contractor.
- Liaise between stakeholders and site teams, and to assist with construction coordination to discuss general progress, quality issues, and interfaces.
- Provide support to the Project Managers, site teams, external contacts and other related personnel.
- Develop and ensure the implementation of a risk-based surveillance program to ensure due diligence is carried out regarding contactors construction activities.
- Prepare and collate reports for surveillance tasks into the system and provide these reports to the Project Manager M&E.
- Champion a safety first culture and provide early warning of matters that may affect safety, quality, environment and sustainability, progress, cost, stakeholders, community, and risk.
Skills and Experience
The ideal person will possess:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications within Engineering or other similar discipline.
- Extensive proven experience in the construction of large-scale infrastructure projects within relevant construction management roles.
- Confidence to develop and maintain strong relationship with contractors, stakeholders and our transport client’s personnel.
- Experience preparing surveillance reports and collating them into the dedicated system.
- Proficient with commonly used inspection software suites.
- Demonstrated organisational skills and experience working within a high-volume professional environment juggling multiple competing priorities.
- The ability to communicate articulately both verbally and orally.
- Understand quality assurance necessary for the control and quality of large infrastructure projects.
- Experience and the confidence to identify and initiate improvements in surveillance systems.
At HKA we recognise our people are critical to our ongoing success. Our priority is to provide an inclusive and collaborative culture aimed at providing the best opportunities for our people to thrive and develop in their chosen career path.
Our Global Recruitment team is committed to providing an authentic candidate experience for all those that take the time to apply to HKA. We are committed to providing an efficient and insightful recruitment process giving candidates a true reflection of life at HKA. We are committed to responding to all applicants; the timings for this may vary due to volume, but responses will be received by the closing date.
All HKA employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation or any other basis as protected by the Equality Act 2010 or in compliance with local legislation.
If you require more information on the above position prior to applying, please contact Tegan Martina - Recruitment Resourcer for Oceania & Asia, for an informal, strictly confidential discussion initially by e-mail at: email@example.com
Interested in joining HKA? Come and see what we do at: www.hka.com