HKA is one of the world’s leading privately owned, independent providers of consulting, expert and advisory services for the construction, manufacturing, process and technology industries.
As part of our Forensic Technical Services team, Building Services provide expert witness services to the legal profession, construction industry and client bodies around the globe. The building services engineering team has a core staff based in the UK and Middle East with close links to Asia Pacific and North America, who often collaborate closely with our wider Forensics global team. We also provide technical support on building services issues to other HKA core service lines such as Quantum, Delay and Commercial Damages.
As part of the HKA team you can expect:
- A strong collaborative culture focused on growing the Forensic Technical Services practice and our team together.
- The opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing team, and enter a new stage of your career by applying your extensive technical knowledge and experience to develop as an expert witness within the legal construction industry.
- Be given the opportunity to work on some of the worlds most exciting projects with the support of the business collaborating with some world renowned Experts in their field.
This role will appeal to a highly experienced engineer who may be looking to progress from design or construction into being an expert witness.
HKA is seeking to recruit an established Chartered engineer to join our building services team as part of the development and future growth of the business. The team has grown in both size and workload and this presents exciting opportunities for the successful candidate working on projects both in the UK and internationally, location is not an issue and we will consider applications for any of our UK or indeed international locations.
Our ideal candidate will have extensive experience, technical knowledge and the desire to be open to a fresh challenge. You will experience new ways of working in an interesting and challenging industry which values your skills and experience.
Ideally the candidate would have some knowledge and exposure to dispute resolution within the construction industry. However, engineering experience coupled with exposure to the construction process and relationships are the cornerstone of knowledge for this role. The successful candidate will benefit from HKA's comprehensive and proven training and support, allowing them to develop into a trusted and sought after expert witness.
Qualifications and experience:
- BEng(Hons)/MEng and/or post-graduate qualifications.
- Chartered Engineer.
- Membership of CIBSE or equivalent.
- A minimum of 20 years' comprehensive experience within the mechanical building services engineering (MEP) industry.
- Experience of building services system design activities from concept stage to final commissioning.
- Experience of survey, inspection and construction stage supervision activities.
- Experience of wide range of projects and building types in home region and/or around the globe.
- Excellent English written skills and experience of writing technical reports such as feasibility studies and option appraisals.
- Excellent English verbal communication skills with experience of formal meeting attendance, group discussion as well as online and in person presentation.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge and experience of methods of resolving disputes.
- International travel may be required in the future, but due to the current COVID situation this is not a current requirement.
What we offer:
At HKA we recognise our people are critical to our ongoing success. Our priority is to provide an inclusive and collaborative culture aimed at providing the best opportunities for our people to thrive and develop in their chose career path.
We operate a flexible working pattern both in terms of hours and location and are happy with flexible remote working.
Our Global Recruitment team is committed to providing an authentic candidate experience for all those that take the time to apply to HKA. We are committed to providing an efficient and insightful recruitment process giving candidates a true reflection of life at HKA. We are committed to responding to all applicants, but responses will be received by the closing date.
CLOSING DATE: 21 August 2021.
ED&I at HKA:
All HKA employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, or any other basis as protected by the Equality Act 2010 or in compliance with local legislation.