HKA is one of the world’s leading privately owned, independent providers of consulting, expert and advisory services for the construction, manufacturing, process and technology industries.
As part of the HKA team you can expect:
- A strong collaborative culture focused on growing the practice and our team together.
- The opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing global team and be part of driving the future success and development of our global business.
- An opportunity to learn and thrive within the technical services part of the dynamic Global IT department.
HKA have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Infrastructure Engineer, working alongside the Infrastructure Services Manager and wider IT team providing enterprise level server, backup, Office365 and azure administrative support, implementation, documentation, and troubleshooting with particular focus on setup and administration of servers, backup and storage solutions.
This position requires a strong server skillset with experience in server and SAN system configurations and support as well as a strong understanding of security frameworks and practices.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Acts as subject matter expert on Windows server 2016-2019 design and configuration.
- Responsible for ensuring that all aspects of client-server and storage infrastructure are operational 24/7.
- Supports server hardware and applications, remote servers, AD security, system monitoring, backup and restore, and after-hours On-Call support.
- Required to provide 3rd line support to the Service Desk Team
- Interfaces with vendors, auditors, and Information Security teams to ensure security is maintained and integrated into all network connectivity activities.
- Participates as a subject matter expert in architectural and design reviews.
- Makes recommendations on existing projects to improve performance and security.
- Provides high level escalation for system outages and troubleshooting tickets.
Qualifications and Experience:
Ideally you will possess the following skills and experience:
- You should be dependable, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and have excellent organisational skills.
- Have a strong understanding of security controls and how they can be applied in traditional and cloud environments.
- Have practical experience in security monitoring, prevention, and control systems including IDS/IPS, firewalls, antivirus, DLP, IAM, and SIEM.
- You should possess an intellectual curiosity about their work.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to present information to all levels of management and work groups.
- The ability to work effectively with others in a team environment and build relationships with all work groups through strong interaction, on a global basis.
What we offer:
At HKA we recognise our people are critical to our ongoing success. Our priority is to provide an inclusive and collaborative culture aimed at providing the best opportunities for our people to thrive and develop in their chose career path.
Our Global Recruitment team is committed to providing an authentic candidate experience for all those that take the time to apply to HKA. We are committed to providing an efficient and insightful recruitment process giving candidates a true reflection of life at HKA. We are committed to responding to all applicants, but responses will be received by the closing date.
CLOSING DATE: 4 August 2021.
ED&I at HKA:
All HKA employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, or any other basis as protected by the Equality Act 2010 or in compliance with local legislation.