HKA is one of the world’s leading privately owned, independent providers of consulting, expert and advisory services for the construction, manufacturing, process and technology industries.
As part of the HKA team you can expect:
- A strong collaborative culture focused on growing the Claims and Disputes practice.
- The opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing team and to participate in driving the future success and development of our global business.
- The opportunity to work on cost analysis and prepare documentation for construction damage and schedule claims/ counter claims.
- The ability to assist in preparation of expert reports, testimony and exhibits for trial/ settlement negotiations.
Due to HKA’s continued growth in North America, we are looking to add a dynamic and experienced Manager level consultant to our Construction Claims team. This role is an integral part of the Construction team, with high internal and client visibility.
The Manager position offers high levels of variety in the day to day responsibilities including offers good opportunities for personal career growth, team collaboration and client interface.
Qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s in Construction Management, Construction Engineering, Engineering, or other STEM field.
• Must have at least 3+ years’ experience in the construction or consulting industry.
• Must have detailed knowledge and experience of critical path method concepts with project control scheduling software such as Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, Acumen or similar schedule analyzer program.
• Must have technical knowledge of forensic delay analysis techniques and analytical approaches for advancing or defending construction claims.
• Must have construction budgeting, estimating and cost accounting experience with strong leadership skills and ability to manage a team.
• Experience and efficiency with Excel (power query, pivot tables, pivot charts, macros).
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues at all levels.
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion at HKA:
HKA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.