HKA is one of the world’s leading privately owned, professional services firms of consulting, expert and advisory services for the construction, manufacturing, process and technology industries.
As part of the HKA team you can expect:
- To work fact-finding and document review for small, medium & large construction schedule and delay projects.
- To work on cost analysis and prepare documentation for construction damage & schedule claims/ counter claims.
- Manage small & medium size construction consulting projects.
- Assist in the preparation of expert reports, testimony and exhibits for trials/ settlement negotiations.
Due to HKA’s continued growth in North America, we are looking to add a dynamic and experienced Manager level consultant to our Construction Schedule & Delay team. This is an essential role to the team, with project ownership, client interaction/ relationship building and internal stakeholder interaction.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS or higher degree in construction management or engineering with 4+ years’ experience with a preference for construction sector background.
- Knowledge and experience of critical path method concepts with project control scheduling software such as Primavera P6 required.
- A moderate level of expertise in Microsoft Excel is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Project and Acumen (or similar schedule analyzer program) a plus.
- Technical certification as a CCM, PMP, EVP or PSP preferred.
- Technical knowledge of forensic delay analysis technics and analytical approaches for advancing or defending construction claims preferred.
- Construction budgeting, estimating and cost accounting experience a plus.
- Flexibility to travel and work in the western US region a plus (post-covid; based on area rules/ regulations).
What We Offer:
HKA offers a tremendous benefits package which includes: medical, dental, vision, 401k, tuition reimbursement; industry association reimbursement; mentorships; etc. We strongly believe that our people are critical to our ongoing success. If you are a talented self-starter with the desire to succeed, we would love to hear from you.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at HKA:
HKA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic.