As part of the HKA team you can expect:
- A strong collaborative culture focused on growing the practice and our team together.
- The opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing team and be part of driving the future success and development of our global business.
- The ability to work with a diverse team and workload to accelerate career development and connections.
The Network Engineer role provides an opportunity to thrive as part of the established global IT team within an International Professional Services environment. The primary function of this role is to support and maintain the global Cisco network infrastructure.
- Support of the global Cisco Data Centre, WAN, Edge, LAN, and Wi-Fi network infrastructure.
- Proactively monitor the network infrastructure using the suite of open-source tools available.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of all aspects of the network infrastructure.
- Use Network Automation tools where possible, ensuring consistency of device configuration, and minimise outages, the risk of human error in all aspects of network management and administration.
- Work with 3rd party suppliers to ensure that the network estate is under contracted support with Cisco (where applicable).
- Proactively plan for network hardware refreshes, based on product End of Support (EOS) data.
- Work with IT Site Support to ensure that any new branch office deployments are sized and specified in accordance with standard branch office design, and then configure and install network equipment.
- Troubleshoot any network outages and performance issues using the available tools.
- Maintain tracking of network hardware, software and licenses.
- Monitor assigned helpdesk tickets and provide service within support specifications.
- Maintain & update networking knowledge and skills in line with industry trends and best practices.
- Perform hardware and software upgrades as required.
- Travel to office and field sites to provide local support where necessary. (Once it is safe to do so).
- A more detailed job description is available on request.
Skills and Experience:
Ideally, you will possess the following skills and experience:
- Certified to at least Associate level (CCNA) in Cisco Networking or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 3 years demonstrable experience in a Cisco focused Network Engineering/ Administration role.
- Possess the ability to support a Cisco Network associated with an international 200+ employee business.
- Be a pro-active, dependable, self-motivated, detail-oriented individual with first-class customer service, organisational, and planning skills.
- Be passionate about network engineering with an interest in honing and evolving your skills, with a particular interest in forward-thinking industry technologies, particularly around network automation and DevOps methodologies and best practices.
- Possess an intellectual curiosity about your work, with a strong collaborative work ethic that will thrive working with teams across our global business.
- Flexible where necessary in working hours and the ability to travel to meet and where possible exceed the demands of corporate staff and end-users.
What we offer:
At HKA we recognise our people are critical to our ongoing success. Our priority is to provide an inclusive and collaborative culture aimed at providing the best opportunities for our people to thrive and develop in their chosen career paths.
Equality, diversity & Inclusion:
All HKA employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, or any other basis as protected by the Equality Act 2010 or in compliance with local legislation.
Closing Date: 13 May 2021