What we Offer
As part of the HKA team you can expect:
- The opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing team and be part of driving the future success and development of our global business,
- Opportunities to lead complex commercial negotiations,
- A professional and dynamic environment where differing views are valued.
We are seeking an Infrastructure Procurement Commercial Manager to join our growing team within HKA, based within our Sydney office. We are ideally looking for someone who has front-end procurement experience, transaction experience and strategy development experience.
HKA’s Commercial Advisory business in Australia provides advice to a range of organisations from large government entities, developers through to construction and engineering contractors. We have high demand to expand our services with our Civil Infrastructure clients operating in Roads, Rail and the Water Industry.
Reporting to the Director of Commercial Advisory, you will be responsible for:
- Leading complex commercial negotiations in relation to construction contracts
- Developing infrastructure project delivery and contracting models and procurement strategies for major, complex, and/or high-value construction projects
- Delivering procurement transactions in mining, energy, water, road, rail, oil & gas, housing or other relevant engineering construction sector
Skills and Experience
We are seeking individuals with proven project experience, in-depth knowledge of construction commercial principles and a willingness to learn and develop.
Ideally you will possess the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualification in engineering, business, quantity surveying, law, commerce, or other relevant discipline
- Strong people leadership and management skills, with the initiative and eagerness to develop strategies to overcome challenges,
- Experience developing procurement strategies for the commissioning of engineering design, site investigations, construction or other related services and works,
- Experience developing (with legal support) robust standard form or bespoke contracts, and negotiating with suppliers to achieve competitiveness and risk reduction,
- Experience managing the tendering process from requirements gathering through to contract award, including developing all procurement documentation,
- Experience engaging with clients and stakeholders to achieve an agreed to goal,
- Ability to prioritise and manage own time in an environment with several competing requirements,
- Sound working knowledge of public sector procurement and probity principles.
At HKA we recognise our people are critical to our ongoing success. Our priority is to provide an inclusive and collaborative culture aimed at providing the best opportunities for our people to thrive and develop in their chosen career path.
Our Global Recruitment team is committed to providing an authentic candidate experience for all those that take the time to apply to HKA. We are committed to providing an efficient and insightful recruitment process giving candidates a true reflection of life at HKA. We are committed to responding to all applicants; the timings for this may vary due to volume, but responses will be received by the closing date.
All HKA employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation or any other basis as protected by the Equality Act 2010 or in compliance with local legislation.
If you require more information on the above position prior to applying, please contact Tegan Martina - Recruitment Resourcer for Oceania & Asia, for an informal, strictly confidential discussion initially by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in joining HKA? Come and see what we do at: www.hka.com