HKA has a new opportunity for an established Financial Controller with overall responsibility for managing the finance function in our South African region.
As part of the HKA team you can expect:
- A strong collaborative culture focused on supporting the needs of the business.
- Exposure to a diverse range of processes whilst being an integral part of the finance function and success of the South African business.
- Be given the opportunity to develop a successful career with the support of a global finance function.
The Financial Controller for the South Africa region will report to the Commercial Finance Director for the Group and will be responsible for managing the finance function.
- Management of the finance team for South Africa
- Oversee the production of accurate monthly accounts for the South Africa business
- Ensure appropriate financial close procedures are in place including account reconciliations, full review of P&L including overhead accounts etc.
- Maintain processes and procedures to ensure the efficient management of client operations including billing processes, WIP and Debtor management
- Build good working relationships with key client contacts associated with commercial and finance aspects of our work
- Build good relationships with project teams and help support improvements in commercial and financial management of projects including managing task orders, timesheet process and billing
- Build good working relationships with our JV partner and develop appropriate processes and procedures for effective administration of the JV
- Work with HKA’s corporate functions to ensure that South Africa is aligned with the overall group
- Work with the business to complete accurate monthly forward forecasting
- Management and ownership of the budget process for the South Africa region in line with Corporate timetable
- Review of financial controls and reporting systems within the South Africa business
- BBBEE: prepare quarterly monitoring reports, support company initiatives, and lead preparations for annual BBBEE verification.
Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will have a professional accountancy qualification and significant work experience within a financial role in a client-oriented organisation.
Specific knowledge, skills and abilities will include:
- Strong financial analytical skills: calculating and interpreting financial trends and information across fiscal years and in connection with ongoing strategic planning
- Experience of leading a finance team including developing and training team members
- Analytical mind with meticulous attention to detail ensuring all outputs are delivered to the highest standard of accuracy
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- The ability to demonstrate a commitment to being objective and unbiased
- The ability to multi-task and perform the essential duties of the position amidst time constraints, interruptions and stressful situations
What we Offer
We strongly believe that our people are critical to our ongoing success. If you are a talented self-starter with the desire to succeed, we would love to hear from you.
All HKA employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation or any other basis as protected by the Equality Act 2010 or in compliance with local legislation.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
Interested in joining HKA? Come and see what we do at: www.hka.com