HKA is one of the world’s leading privately owned, independent providers of consulting, expert and advisory services for the construction, manufacturing, process and technology industries.
As part of the HKA team you can expect:
- Opportunities to grow and progress professionally within a global organization with plentiful learning and development.
- To join a collaborative culture and become part of the specialist consultants, experts and advisers working with a rich variety of clients on challenging projects.
- A professional and dynamic environment where differing views are valued and respected.
The Site Support Analyst position is a hybrid and dynamic role which provides an opportunity to learn and thrive within both site support and technical services as part of the dynamic Global IT department, serving a fast-growing International Professional Services company, having 42 offices in 17 countries.
Reporting into the IT Support and Service Manager with a dotted reporting line to the Enterprise Architect and working together with a global team of peers. The primary function of this role is to provide 2nd and 3rd level IT and telecommunications support and advise at an office/regional level to firstly US and Canadian users as well as to the global user base as assigned via the Helpdesk system. There is a requirement to maintain tracking of IT equipment as well as maintaining the IT knowledge base. The role will also be involved in varying aspects of infrastructure support on the global server base as advised by the Enterprise Architect, covering the hours when the UK team are unavailable to provide 1st level diagnostics and fix. There is also a requirement to perform administrative duties on the servers, scheduling and performing Windows Server patching in line with the established patching process. The role will also be involved in the build, testing and deployment of software deployments using the Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune) to the HKA machine estate.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Perform administrative, support and patching duties on Windows servers.
• Maintain tracking of IT and Communication hardware and software (inc. Servers)
• Build, Testing and Deployment of Software deployments via MS Endpoint Manager (Intune)
• Support system hardware including Avaya phone systems and basic network equipment troubleshooting
• Monitor assigned Helpdesk calls and provide service within support specifications.
• Provide necessary support assistance, hands-on where necessary otherwise remotely to users on applications.
• Maintain & Update IT Knowledgebase of current and new developments in technology for hardware and software.
• Assist in maintaining adherence to policies, procedures, and standards to ensure they conform with company and I.T. objectives.
• Perform hardware and software upgrades as required as well as Asset Tracking activities
• Coordinate IT equipment and Office moves with management and the user community.
• Travel to office and field sites to provide local support where necessary.
• Provide weekly status report to respective Line Manager.
Must be dependable, self-motivated, detail-oriented and have excellent customer service, organizational and planning skills. Ability to work and communicate effectively with other department and company personnel is a must.
The ideal candidate will be qualified in a relevant IT sector subject or equivalent vocational work experience with a minimum 3 year demonstrable experience in a Site Support role. There is also a required to be qualified in or already working towards an Industry Certification, such as Microsoft Certified Professional. The ideal candidate should have a demonstrable knowledge and ability to support computer, server, network, and phone equipment requirements associated with an international 200+ employee business. A requirement is to be flexible where necessary in working hours and the ability to travel to meet and where possible exceed the demands of corporate staff and end users. Effective communication with customers and within the IT Department is a must, as this is a service position the professional application of customer service and communication skills is always expected.
The ideal candidate must possess an intellectual curiosity about their work and must possess excellent oral and written communication skills being able to work effectively with others in a team environment and build relationships with all work groups through strong interaction, on a Global basis.
The list of core skills for this role are below:
Required demonstrable knowledge
• Windows 10
• Windows Server Administration (2012+)
• Active Directory Administration (Azure/On Premise)
• Endpoint Manager (Intune)
• SQL • SharePoint • Hyper V
• Programming/Scripting Languages – Powershell, Power Platform
• Office 2016 and Microsoft365 (Teams/SharePoint/OneDrive)
• TCP/IP, Cat 5/6 and Wireless Networking
• Cisco Network Equipment
• Dell PC and Server Hardware
• Apple iPhone/Android mobile devices
• Helpdesk Call logging/ticketing systems
• Remote Control toolkits
• Cisco Switching and Routing / Networking knowledge
• Apple MAC OS X
• Avaya IP Office Phone System
• Cybersecurity Knowledge/Awareness
Other Desirable Education, Skills and Experience:
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to work well with deadlines.
• Ability to work remotely to deadlines.
• Ability to share ideas and communicate strongly with the department and peers.
What We Offer:
HKA offers a tremendous benefits package which includes: medical, dental, vision, 401k, tuition reimbursement; industry association reimbursement; mentorships; etc. We strongly believe that our people are critical to our ongoing success. If you are a talented self-starter with the desire to succeed, we would love to hear from you.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at HKA:
HKA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.