HKA is the global brand that creates one of the world’s leading providers of advisory, consulting, and expert services for the construction, manufacturing, process, and technology industries.
As part of the HKA team you can expect:
- Opportunities to grow and progress professionally within a global organization with plentiful learning and development.
- To join a collaborative culture and become part of the specialist consultants, experts and advisers working with a rich variety of clients on challenging projects.
- A professional and dynamic environment where differing views are valued and respected.
- Project schedule and cost analysis.
- Document review.
- Preparation and review of construction damage and schedule claims and counter claims (including the use of P6 and Microsoft Project platforms).
- Assistance with the preparation of expert reports, expert testimony and exhibits for trial or settlement negotiations.
- Involvement in litigation, arbitration or mediation.
For this role, we are searching for candidates fluent in Spanish; both written and verbal. This position will be working on projects based in South America. There may be travel to South America in the future (based on Covid restrictions).
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS or higher degree in construction management or engineering with 4+ years experience in the construction industry.
- Prior consulting experience in the construction industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of the construction claims process is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of critical path method concepts with project control scheduling software such as: Primavera P6, Microsoft Project required, Acumen or similar schedule analyzer program preferred.
- Technical certification as a CCM, PMP, EVP or PSP preferred.
- Technical knowledge of forensic delay analysis technics and analytical approaches for advancing or defending construction claims preferred.
- Construction budgeting, estimating and cost accounting experience a plus.
- Flexibility for future travel to South America.
- Fluency in Spanish- both written and spoken-is required.
What We Offer:
HKA offers a tremendous benefits package which includes: medical, dental, vision, 401k, tuition reimbursement; industry association reimbursement; mentorships; etc. We strongly believe that our people are critical to our ongoing success. If you are a talented self-starter with the desire to succeed, we would love to hear from you.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at HKA:
HKA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.