HKA is the largest provider of advisory, consulting and expert services in our markets. Our worldwide operations consist of more than 960 professionals in 45 offices across 21 countries. At HKA, we deal in complexity. But our approach is simple. We deploy the best people and support them as they achieve the best outcomes possible for our clients.
HKA’s Commercial Advisory business in Australia provides advice to a range of organisations from large government entities, developers through to construction and engineering contractors. We have high demand to expand our services with our Civil Infrastructure clients operating in Roads, Rail and the Water Industry.
Reporting to the Director of Commercial Advisory you will get the opportunity to work across a range of assignments where you will be placed with client organisations, as part of a HKA team, to provide contractual and commercial advice, write reports, and conduct workshops and training.
This is a long-term career opportunity for someone that is looking to develop as a Commercial Advisor and work across different project and contract types at varying stages of the project lifecycle. The opportunity will suit an individual working at an engineering contractor that is looking for more variety across different projects and to work closer with the client.
We are also interested to talk with individuals that work client side that are looking to develop their skills. HKA provide unrivalled training and support, as you develop your career as an Advisor from on the job mentoring and advice through to financial support with post-graduate study. We are open to the successful individual being based out of our Brisbane or Sydney office.
The nature of work we are currently being engaged on includes:
- Front end commercial and contractual development of major infrastructure portfolios, programs and projects;
- Procurement and Transaction Management
- Establishing commercial and contractual controls & systems
- Project health checks & dispute avoidance
- Commercial Management on large Roads Projects
Skills and Experience
We are seeking individuals with the following attributes;
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, Civil Engineering or another related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years demonstrable experience working with a civil engineering or construction contractor, engineering consultancy, cost and commercial advisory consultancy or client organisation
- Experience working on and developing procurement strategies and procurement transactions for infrastructure projects in Transport (Rail and Road), Energy, Water or other relevant engineering construction sectors
- Experience of managing the tendering process from requirements gathering through to contract award, including developing all procurement documentation
- Experience of undertaking commercial negotiations in relation to construction or other engineering contracts
- Demonstrable computer proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
All HKA employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation or any other basis as protected by the Equality Act 2010 or in compliance with local legislation.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
If you require more information on the above position prior to applying, please contact Liz Kane - Recruitment Manager for Oceania & Asia, for an informal, strictly confidential discussion initially by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in joining HKA? Come and see what we do at: www.hka.com