HKA is a world leading expert witness and claims specialist practice in the engineering and construction industries. Our people comprise of commercial and contracts managers, quantity surveyors, cost engineers, contract administrators and planners as well as technical engineering specialists.
By joining HKA, you will become part of the specialist consultants, experts and advisers working with a rich variety of clients on challenging projects.
HKA continues to excel and grow in Australia because of our reputation for quality strategic quantum and contractual advice and Expert Witness services, which are at the forefront of our industry. As a result of the continued success of our business, we are looking to add at least two experienced quantum professionals to our experienced team based in either our Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne office.
You will be joining a large and collaborative team and we can offer a variety of career advancement and mentoring opportunities. We will help to support and develop you in your long-term career with us and we can support individuals who are interested to become an Expert Witness.
Our Pathway to Career Development
We firmly believe that our people are critical to our ongoing success. If you are a talented self-starter with the desire to succeed, we would love to hear from you.
We offer the following benefits:
- A professional and dynamic environment where differing views are valued,
- Training, mentoring and career advancement opportunties,
- Assistance and support with postgraduate study in a relevant qualification,
- Opportunity to learn and develop through HKA’s services from Advisory through the Consulting and Expert services,
- Opportunity to work on international projects and collaborate with our global network of offices.
- Relevant construction degree such as Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering or Construction Management and secondary construction legal qualification, plus professional memberships commensurate with the specialisation.
Our Preferred Candidates
We are seeking individuals with proven experience of working on quantum and contractual claims, ideally in the construction industry.
You will also:
- Have demonstrable experience of working on quantum and contractual claims,
- Proven ability personally delivering quantum reports for construction contractors, solicitors and/or other clients from determining causality through to report writing,
- Demonstrable understanding of the various forms of contract and quantum principles and ability to communicate and utilise this in client facing situations,
- For the Associate Director role, ability to demonstrate previous work winning ability in securing fee earning quantum work for yourself and other consultants, preferably in Australia.
All HKA employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation or any other basis as protected by the Equality Act 2010 or in compliance with local legislation.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
If you require more information on the above position prior to applying, please contact Liz Kane - Recruitment Manager for Oceania & Asia, for an informal, strictly confidential discussion initially by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in joining HKA? Come and see what we do at: www.hka.com