HKA is one of the world’s leading privately owned, independent providers of consulting, expert and advisory services for the construction, manufacturing, process and technology industries.
As part of the HKA team you can expect:
- Opportunities to grow and progress professionally within a global organization with plentiful learning and development.
- To join a collaborative culture and become part of the specialist consultants, experts and advisers working with a rich variety of clients on challenging projects.
- A professional and dynamic environment where differing views are valued and respected.
HKA supports companies that conduct business with the US Federal Government, providing them with consulting services on complex government contracting matters.
We are seeking candidates for positions in our Washington, D.C. office. Responsibilities will include performing fact-finding, researching, document review, and extensive financial analysis/ computer modeling.
Examples of specific work this role is anticipated to encounter include:
- Regulatory consulting on compliance issues arising from the Cost Principles found in Federal Acquisition Regulation (“FAR”) Part 31, the Office of Management and Budget (“OMB”) Uniform Guidance, and the Cost Accounting Standards (“CAS”) (including the preparation of cost impact proposals and Disclosure Statements).
- Investigations and disputes (including those arising from alleged violations of the False Claims Act and the Price Reduction Clause).
- Compliance assessments (including assessments of the major business systems stipulated in the Defense FAR Supplement (“DFARS”) 252.242-7005).
- Rebutting assertions made by the Defense Contract Audit Agency (“DCAA”) and the Defense Contract Management Agency (“DCMA”).
- The preparation and review of Requests for Equitable Adjustment (“REAs”) and claims.
- The preparation and review of Incurred Cost Submissions (“ICSs”).
- The analysis of cost and price issues under bid protests.
- The preparation and review of termination settlement proposals (“TSPs”).
- analysis of issues arising when there is a dispute between prime and subcontractors.
- The preparation of expert reports, expert testimony and exhibits for trial, alternative dispute resolution or settlement negotiations.
- Management consulting.
In this position, the candidate is expected to foster an environment that is conducive to teamwork and team success. Most importantly, candidates will work on maintaining and fostering client relationships through superior client service, as the candidate may be primary point of contact between HKA, its clients and outside counsel. Candidates should be willing to travel to client locations and other HKA offices and work overtime, as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
Candidates must have a Bachelor in Business, with concentrations in Finance or Accounting, or a Masters of Accounting.
Candidates should have 5+ years of experience in consulting, accounting, forensic accounting, project management or claims consulting in the government contracting industry.
Applicants must be highly motivated and possess excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational, oral and written communication, quality control and computer skills.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook is essential. Certifications such as CPA, CFE or CFA are a plus.
What We Offer:
HKA offers a tremendous benefits package which includes: medical, dental, vision, 401k, tuition reimbursement; industry association reimbursement; mentorships; etc. We strongly believe that our people are critical to our ongoing success. If you are a talented self-starter with the desire to succeed, we would love to hear from you.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at HKA:
HKA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.