HKA is one of the world’s leading privately owned, independent providers of consulting, expert and advisory services for the construction, manufacturing, process, and technology industries.
We are the world’s leading construction expert witness practice and HKA’s global forensic engineering practice has year-on-year become a bigger part of that success. Our professionals include hundreds of experts who have the commercial, financial, planning, scheduling, technical, and language skills to get quickly to the heart of the most complex issues.
HKA strives to support clients by deploying experts who really understand clients’ issues and have the authority to persuade others. Uniquely, our technical experts join with our delay, quantum, forensic accounting, and commercial damages, and government contracts experts to provide clients with access to an integrated expert team who thrive on decoding complexity.
As part of the HKA team you can expect:
- A strong collaborative culture focused on growing the Forensic Technical Services (FTS) practice and our team together
- The opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing team and be part of driving the future success and development of our global FTS business
- The ability to leverage HKA’s strong brand in the construction space and reputation for exceptional expert witnesses to accelerate career development and connections within this space
HKA is seeking to recruit a dynamic and experienced Technical Engineering Expert to join the already well-established UK team, we can work remotely so location isn't an issue as long as you would be willing to travel to offices when required. We are looking for an already established Expert from any of the below disciplines.
- Mechanical & Electrical Building Services
- Civil & Structural
- Fire Engineering
- Power, utilities
- Oil & Gas
For those that are Expert Witness operating in their own right, this is an opportunity to join a business that will promote you on a local and global stage with the opportunity to work on notable projects and complex disputes, whilst providing you with relevant technical support.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have been appointed as an Expert Witness and have experience of giving formal evidence in court or arbitrations.
- Degree qualified in engineering related field
- Chartered Engineer
- At least 15 years’ experience
- Experience in international projects
- Experience in preparing expert reports, high quality technical and client-focused reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record as a testifying Expert Witness preferred
- Knowledge and experience of methods of resolving disputes
We strongly believe that our people are critical to our ongoing success. If you are a talented self-starter with the desire to succeed, we would love to hear from you.
All HKA employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, or any other basis as protected by the Equality Act 2010 or in compliance with local legislation.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
If you require more information on the above position prior to applying, please contact Laura Fox Oliveira, Recruitment Manager for an informal, strictly confidential discussion initially by e-mail at email@example.com
Interested in joining HKA? Come and see what we do at www.hka.com