HKA is one of the world’s leading privately owned, independent providers of consulting, expert and advisory services for the construction, manufacturing, process and technology industries.
As trusted independent consultants, experts and advisors, we deliver solutions amid uncertainty, dispute and overrun, and provide the insights that make the best possible outcomes a reality for public and private sector clients worldwide.
As part of the HKA team you can expect:
- A strong collaborative culture focused on growing the Forensic Technical Services (FTS) practice and our team together
- The opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing team and be part of driving the future success and development of our global FTS business
- The ability to leverage HKA’s strong brand in the construction space and reputation for exceptional expert witnesses to accelerate career development and connections within this space
HKA is seeking to recruit a dynamic and experienced Fire Engineer to join the already well-established team as part of the development of the business. The team has grown in both size and workload and this presents exciting opportunities for the successful candidate working on projects both in the UK and Internationally based from either our London or Glasgow offices.
For those that are Expert Witness operating on their own right, this is an opportunity to join a business that will promote you on a local or global stage depending on your aspirations and provide you relevant technical support rather than that which is available to assist you. HKA is a truly independent specialist consultancy free of conflict from unrelated service streams and provides rewards unique to our industry which are tailored and directly linked to your role as an Expert and also your contribution to the business in providing work and utilising staff.
The ideal candidate will have been appointed as an Expert Witness and have experience of giving formal evidence in court or arbitrations.
- MSc in Fire Engineering or related subject
- Chartered Engineer
- At least 15 years’ experience as a consulting fire engineer
- Detailed understanding of Fire Regulations and standards across the UK
- Experience of international projects
- Experience working in international jurisdictions and the application of various fire regulations and standards
- Experience of preparing expert reports, high quality technical and client-focused reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record as a testifying Expert Witness preferred
- Knowledge and experience of methods of resolving disputes
What we offer:
At HKA we recognise our people are critical to our ongoing success. Our priority is to provide an inclusive and collaborative culture aimed at providing the best opportunities for our people to thrive and develop in their chose career path.
Our Global Recruitment team is committed to providing an authentic candidate experience for all those that take the time to apply to HKA. We are committed to providing an efficient and insightful recruitment process giving candidates a true reflection of life at HKA. We are committed to responding to all applicants, but responses will be received by the closing date.
CLOSING DATE: 30 November 2021.
ED&I at HKA:
All HKA employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation or any other basis as protected by the Equality Act 2010 or in compliance with local legislation.