HKA is the largest provider of advisory, consulting and expert services in our markets. Our worldwide operations consist of more than 1,000 professionals - across 40+ offices in 17 countries. We provide independent advice and expert testimony to public and private companies, government agencies, law firms and financial institutions.
At HKA, we deal in complexity, but our approach is simple. We deploy the best people and support them as they achieve the best outcomes possible for our clients.
HKA Expert Services provides independent advice and expert witness testimony including:
- Forensic Accounting and Commercial Damages
- Delay and Disruption and Forensic Planning
- Quantum and Contracts
HKA’s Forensic Accounting and Commercial Damages team continue to excel and grow in Australia and Asia. We pride ourselves on our reputation for quality forensic analysis and Expert Witness services which are at the forefront of our industry. As a result of the continued success of our Expert Services business we are looking to expand the Forensic Accounting and Commercial Damages team by recruiting a talented Accountant to be part of our growth.
This is an opportunity to work on projects in a variety of industries including construction, oil and gas, energy and telecommunications across various jurisdictions. Reporting to the Partner of the Forensic Accounting and Commercial Damages practice and operating out of our offices in The Rocks, Sydney, you will be responsible for:
- Researching and analysing quantitative and qualitative data
- Financial analysis
- Assisting in the production of expert reports
- Developing financial models from transactional and financial data
- Using relevant software tools for research and analysing data
- Communicating results and work product as appropriate
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Ideally you will possess the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualifications in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or similar
- Qualified Accountant or part qualified accountant with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a recognised consulting environment such as; Audit, Forensic Services, Valuations, Transaction Services
- Experience in Forensic Accounting and Valuations, with exposure to disputes is highly desirable
- Experience working for the Big 4 is also highly desirable
- Genuine interest in forensic accounting is required
- Commitment to undertaking high quality analysis with strong problem solving and attention to detail
- A strategic thinker who is comfortable working through ambiguity
- An ability to work to meet deadlines, often under tight timeframes
- Exceptional written and communication skills
- A respected team player
WHAT WE OFFER
We strongly believe that our people are critical to our ongoing success. If you are a talented self-starter who is looking for an opportunity to join a growing team that can offer long term career opportunities, please get in touch. This role is an excellent opportunity for a qualified Accountant looking to specialise further in Forensic Accounting and Valuations. You will receive training and support from established experts and senior team members as you gain experience working on a broad range of matters.
All HKA employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation or any other basis as protected by the Equality Act 2010 or in compliance with local legislation.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
If you require more information on the above position prior to applying, please contact Liz Kane, Recruitment Manager, for an informal, strictly confidential discussion initially by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in joining HKA? Come and see what we do at: www.hka.com