HKA is one of the world’s leading privately owned, independent providers of consulting, expert and advisory services for the construction, manufacturing, process and technology industries.
HKA has an exciting opportunity for a Quantum Lead (Associate Director) to join our global team of expert and claims management services and play a key part in the continued growth of HKA’s consulting services in our Kuala Lumpur office.
As a business, we offer quantum, engineering, delay & disruption and forensic accounting services at the forefront of our industry to arbitration standard. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and passionate individual to join HKA’s growing team in Kuala Lumpur where your work will be valued, and your career prospects will be enhanced both locally and globally. We offer the opportunity to learn from a variety of both Delay and Quantum Experts by joining the largest peer groups of Experts worldwide.
You will provide cost and quantum assessments within claims and support expert appointments, in respect of construction claims, litigation support, commercial or contractual advisory services to HKA’s clients both regionally and internationally. You will in addition, lead and coordinate the delivery team and will identify and direct appropriate investigation and cost analysis techniques for assignments. You will be the key lead in the client facing requirements and will act as either Assistant to or as Expert (where opportunity presents in the preparation of reports in adjudication and arbitration processes).
You will also be required to participate in business development activities, which may include but is not limited to the following: identifying business opportunities; conducting marketing presentations for clients; speaking at conferences and/or events; preparing proposals and negotiating client contracts in line with HKA policies.
This is a senior role, which is reflected in the remuneration and benefits package on offer. You may also be required to travel to other offices across Asia, the Middle East and internationally from time to time.
Skills and Experience
Ideally you will possess the following:
- Driven, committed individuals with high professional ethics and a keenness for business management, who is seeking to develop their career in disputes and claims management.
- Between 10 to 15 years post qualification construction industry experience in cost, quantum and claims assessment matters.
- Preferably you should have construction/legal academic qualifications in addition to basic degree to commensurate with role requirements.
- You will possess demonstrable experience in quantum assessment in the construction industry.
- Must have proven experience in undertaking prolongation, disruption and general costs claims.
- Strong writing skills
- In addition, candidate must also have experience in managing teams in technical delivery of a commission and to independently identify new opportunities for the Company.
- Must be able to lead commissions and be the point of contact with the clients in executing services. Must be able to drive strategy with client/team alike.
- Must be able to approach, pitch, negotiate and conclude appointments with the support of head of operations/partner.
- Opportunity exists for candidates to be involved in adjudication, mediation or Expert Witness proceedings.
What We Offer
- International market exposure with the ability to work on major projects worldwide
- Competitive remuneration package
- Private healthcare
- Flexible working opportunities
- Strong commitment to learning and development, including a tuition reimbursement scheme
We strongly believe that our people are critical to our ongoing success. If you are a talented self-starter with the desire to succeed, we would love to hear from you.
All HKA employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation or any other basis as protected by the Equality Act 2010 or in compliance with local legislation.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
If you require more information on the above position prior to applying, please contact Liz Kane - Recruitment Manager for Oceania & Asia, for an informal, strictly confidential discussion initially by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in joining HKA? Come and see what we do at: www.hka.com